Georgia is situated in the interaction of Asia and Europe. It is a former Soviet republic of the Caucasus region of Eurasia. The country is bounded to the north by the Red Sea, west by the Black Seas, southeast by Azerbaijan, and the south by Turkey and Armenia. The capital and the largest city in Georgia is Tbilisi. The country has a unique and cultural heritage and is known for its cuisine and hospitality. The country is a hub of incredible history and unparalleled natural beauty. Georgia covers over 69,70 Km in the area and has a population of approximately 4.8 million. Georgia is one of the richest countries when it comes to quality education. It is a paradise of WHO-affiliated medical universities. Most students who want to tailor a career in medicine choose Georgia as their dream destination. MBBS in Georgia has some incredible benefits in comparison to other foreign countries like Ukraine, the Philippines, and more. Although Georgia is comparatively a new destination for MBBS for Indian candidates, with the most efficient education system the country has turned out to be the best when it comes to medical education.
So, if you are willing to join the top universities in Georgia, please make sure to read the complete articles and check the ins and outs of the country before making a career decision.
Medical Courses Offered In Top Universities Of Georgia
The best universities of Georgia offer four main medical courses the students can choose from. All these courses are delivered under expert faculties to ensure the students get the best learning experience. Here are the top four medical courses offered by the institutes of Georgia –
- MBBS/MD – 6 Years
- Dentistry – 5 Years
- Nursing – 4 Years
- Pharmacy – 4 Years
Duration Of MBBS Program In Georgia
Duration is one of the major factors for MBBS programs. The duration of the MBBS course differs with countries and universities. Countries like Philippine want the students to penetrate to the depth of medical knowledge and offer higher duration MBBS courses. While some countries want to deliver quick job opportunities to the students with the minimum duration of an MBBS course.
So, the duration of MBBS in the top universities of Georgia is pretty standard. The universities offer a high-optimized MBBS framework with 6 years duration. The complete duration of the MBBS program is divided into two parts, which are as follows –
- 5 years of academic studies.
- 1 year of mandatory Internship under the best medical professionals in Georgia in the top hospitals and clinics of the country
Eligibility Criteria To Study MBBS In Georgia
If you are applying for the MBBS program in Georgia make sure to keep a few documents handy. These documents are extremely important for applying to the best universities. Here is the list of standard documents that the students mandatorily need to join MBBS in Georgia –
The students can easily join the MBBS program in the top Georgian Medical Universities. However, to reserve their seats, the aspirants need to meet some standard requirements. The eligibility criteria differ with the universities. However, here are some standard eligibility criteria for getting admission to the most premium medical institutions of Georgia –
- The student applying for MBBS in Georgia must be over 17-years of age as of 31st December of the respective year.
- He/she must have completed a higher secondary level of education with over 50% marks under a recognized education board. Students under OBC/SC/ST category need an aggregate mark of a minimum of 40% for admission.
- The student must have Physics, Biology, and Chemistry as the core subjects in class 12.
- If a student has completed a higher secondary level of education or any equivalent degree, he/she is applying for admission in the MBBS program in some selected universities of Georgia without appearing for NEET.
- In some universities, the applicants must mandatorily appear for the IELTS/TOEFL examination and clear it with shining marks. However, various universities select the students on an interview basis.
PG Options For The MBBS Degree Holders From Georgia
- Move out to the UK to join the PG program by qualifying for the PLAB examination.
- Reach out to the best universities in the US and join them by qualifying for the USMLE exam.
- Travel to India to join the PG program by appearing for the NEXT exam.
- Join PG courses in top colleges of Germany.
- Practice in Australia after cracking the AMC exam